Telephone and Internet
There are many telephone and Internet service providers and equipment dealers in the Gadsden area. Local broadband providers include AT&T, CenturyLink, Comcast, EarthLink, HughesNet, NetZero and Windstream.
AT&T is a Tier 1 provider with the following services here. The local contact is Amy Richey, 205-799-3741.
- Internet: dialup, Wi-Fi, DSL/Uverse and managed internet service up to 1 Gbps
- Voice: local business lines, CENTREX, PRI, business VoIP
- Data: point-to-point, MPLS, Ethernet
- Cloud: storage and hosted applications
- Mobility: voice, data and disaster recovery
Comcast also is a Tier 1 provider. Its business class service is available in much of the city, with Internet downloads up to 150 Mbps and upload speeds up to 20 Mbps. Television, Phone, PRI and Voice Edge services also are offered. The local contact is Linda Abel, 256-312-9951.